Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's finished! "Cactus Cooler"








I finally finished painted the skull for the Bakersfield Museum of Art! After I fired it in the kiln I decided to add a lot more color with dots of acrylic paint. I was planning to make ceramic flowers and attached them, but time constraints made that impossible. I am pleased with how it turned out. But even more pleased that it is out of my hands and done! When I said to a student today I wasn't sure what to call the piece he said, "Cactus Cooler". Introducing "Cactus Cooler". Enjoy! The show opens Sept 17th at BMOA!

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I gave up on mine - I just can't work in 3 dimensions like that. Yours is spectacular. I can't wait to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Yvonne! I can't wait to see it in person! By the way, you are getting me more and more interested in ceramics...

    ReplyDelete