Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Week of School...almost.

At the end of the school year I have to play catch up on firing, unloading, glazing and refiring with the students. It has become a tradition to paint wine bottles in my class while we finish all the pottery firings. See previous posts here and here (the second link is my favorite) about the evolution of the painted wine bottles. This year though, the BMOA didn't do painted wine bottles for Winescapes so I got to paint on this little guy as an example for the students. It was actually really fun to paint a small (regular sized) wine bottle. I am giving this to another teacher as she donated some empty wine bottles to the class. She requested oranges, browns, yellows and earthy reds.  



If  you haven't read the children's story, "The Dot", you should. 








No comments:

Post a Comment