Thursday, May 3, 2012

Soup


     I've been toying around with an idea that I plan to work on all summer... I created these little porcelain pieces last night while watching "The Soup" with Chris and laughing... a lot. Watching The Soup is a guilty pleasure and last night we were both in the mood for it, it's really quite ridiculous.
     But back to the art work. I plan to fire and mount these pieces onto wood panels so they will be seen vertically just as you see them in the photos. I'm not sure if I want them to be in color or just simply white... I have some time to play around with the idea and these are definitely the first batch of prototypes.  Now I've got to order some wood panels to try out some stain... I've been doing a little research and found a company or two that I can order from for a nominal amount of money. I've got to figure out the best method to attached porcelain to wood... epoxy? That's my first inclination, but their might be a better way...


No comments:

Post a Comment